Thursday 31 January 2013

Thumbelina



www.cosplayisland.co.uk

mubi.com

movie-roulette.com

One of my favourite fairy tales growing up was "Thumbelina" by Hans Christian Andersen. Thumbelina was first published in 1835 and has since been adapted to various media including songs and animated films. This movie from 1994 remains my favourite animated movie to date. I still enjoy watching it because it brings back nostalgic childhood memories. There's something so enchanting and mesmorizing about this tale.  

I just have to add one thing I realized today that's quite hilarious. I was watching the new season of American Idol with Nicki Minaj as one of the new judges today and I thought she reminded me of someone and then it hit me: the frog lady from Thumbelina!! Haha, they do look quite similar, don't they? They even have the same hair! (well, sometimes because Miss Minaj changes her hair as often as people change their socks) 

Any other Thumbelina fans out there? 


lavidafrills.blogspot.com
netflix.com

en.wikipedia.org

2 comments:

  1. Jag ha också alltid älskat tummelisa! :D hela konceptet är så sött med en flicka som är så liten att hon sover i ett nötskal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, eller hur!! Älskar den! Kram på dig!

      Delete