Monday 21 January 2013

All roads they lead me here




"This is the last time I’m asking you this,
Put my name on the top of your list,
This is the last time I’m asking you why,
You break my heart in the blink of an eye."

I'm completely obsessed with this song right now. I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan and I've never understood how she could sell millions and millions of records worldwide. But in this song I really like her soft, country-pop voice, it has a little more rawness to it than I'm used to hearing in her other songs. But what really makes this song a stand-out for me is Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol, one of my favourite bands ever. His voice is so unique and fragile yet powerful at the same time. "The Last Time" could easily be a Snow Patrol original, the sound is very similar to the band's sound, especially the instrumental bit. This will definitely be my go-to song when the stress of school and work catch up to me.








No comments:

Post a Comment