Tuesday 15 January 2013

Gabrielle Aplin



My current musical obsession is 20-year old singer-songwriter Gabrielle Aplin from the UK. Gabrielle became famous after publishing acoustic renditions of songs by bands such as Paramore and You Me at Six on YouTube. Her latest single, a cover of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "The Power of Love", is my new favourite. Her voice is so pure and innocent and a weird combination of fragility and strength at the same time. I was in London when she was on tour in the UK and I really regret not going to her concert, I'm sure it would have been amazing! Finger's crossed I'll get a chance to see her in London when I visit at some point or that she'll extend her tour to Finland.

"The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on burn desire
Love with tongues of fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal"



The original isn't bad either, although I definitely prefer Gabrielle's version. Which one do you prefer? 


No comments:

Post a Comment