Wednesday 13 February 2013

Love: Make Up by Kosta Boda

www.lipglossbitch.se


jonaslindstrom.se


amandafalk.se

I'm in love with these kitchy glass items from the Swedish brand Kosta Boda, one of the world’s leading brands of glassware and art glass. It was founded already in 1742 and has collaborated with many talented designers over the years. One of them is Stockholm born Åsa Jungnelius. Her Make Up collection includes glassware in the shape of lipsticks, nail polish bottles and lips. I know some people think they're tacky and tasteless but to me, that's kind of the point. Okay, not the tasteless part but they are indeed charmingly tacky, and within that lies their appeal. They're girly and over-the-top and that's why I love them.

They are a bit pricey though so I think I have to chose just one that gets to move into my apartment with me. I'm a lippstick girl so I think I've found a winner with the pink lipstick. 

"My first aim is to create glass that tells a story. Then I use aesthetics as a way of depicting the objective world in my own subjective manner. Often, I use stereotypical artefacts as a model or reference in order to highlight or destroy the myth and its significance. As for glass itself, I love its glitter and shiny, hard surfaces, especially as a contrast to other materials."

Åsa Jungnelius

royaldesign.se

No comments:

Post a Comment