Thursday 18 April 2013

"They looked back at me, remotely, possessed by intense life"

idyllicfairytale.tumblr.com


I'm going to a 1920's theme party on Saturday and I'm in desperate need of some last minute accessories to make my standard party dress look like it belongs at a flamboyant 1920's party. My inspiration is none other than Daisy Buchanan from "The Great Gatsby". Can't wait for the movie starring Carey Mulligan as Daisy. She looks so beautiful, regal but with an edge, in all the pictures I've seen from the movie set so far, the perfect Daisy. Anyway, my plan is to find a really cute hair band with a little sparkle or feathers to give my outfit that 20's flare. I found some promising beauties from Accessorize, I'll definitely visit the store tomorrow to see whether the ones I've picked out will work. 

I would love to style my hair à la 1920's as well, with soft, wavy curles but I'm such a coward when it comes to my hair. I literally get sweaty palmes when I'm at the hairdresser and they're just chopping off my split ends.

I love how effortless and beautiful Diane Kruger looks in these two pics sporting a lovely 1920's style, maybe I should try something similar? Hmm.... 


chicvintagebrides.wordpress.com


beccamulwa.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment